Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The Creative Side of Me!

There is and has always been a creative crafty side of me....since I was a child I've enjoyed all things artsy! I used to go in the craft store with my mom and I'd see some pretty display and think to myself, "I can make that" and I'd buy all the supplies and go home and do just that! My mom loved it....kind of like having her own little home decorator! I have also always been one of those people that could sit back and look at something and just draw it and it be close to form. I haven't done that in a LONG time, maybe I should give it a go to see if I still have skills there!

These days, you'll find that I share my creativity through scrapbooking and altered arts! I still do a few other crafty things and am always up for the Pinterest parties that my friends and I have but generally scrapbooking is my art form. I am lucky enough to create for two wonderful designers, Laura Burger and Susan Godfrey. Both ladies were kind enough to take me on when I was back in the digital community after a long hiatus and they just had a little faith in me and I hope that I'm doing them both proud! I also am a Cheery-O at OScraps, a new one, so you'll be seeing me scrap with the designers from there as well! I do also find other designers that I love and I lay down the money for their products so that I can create artwork for them. I will warn you up front that you will usually get longer posts with lots more detail after this one when it comes to my pages so that you can go check out their wonderful designs but for now I'm just going to share a few pages I've done recently with you so that you can see what scrapbooking is all about!













So sorry for the flooding but I wanted to give you a good example of what I do! I love big bold pictures and blending them in but I also love doing pages with lots of photos too! Now, I promise I'll never flood you again, on my honor as a scrapbooker who despises gallery flooders! From this point forward when I share it will only be one or two at a time with some more details on what I used and any tips I used to create it! So you've met the scrappy side.....tomorrow I'll introduce you to another side of me! Until then......ciao!

No comments: